In 1775 the Empress Catherine II came to Moscow to celebrate anniversary of the peace treaty with Turkey. The year before the war with Turkey (1768–1774) ended with the victory of Russia. The celebrations terminated with a grand festivity on Khodynka Field. The Empress was pleased with the “Gothic” style of the pavilions created by the architect Vasily Bazhenov. She turned to him to construct a residence in Tsaritsyno, acquired a month ago. Bazhenov designed a plan of the architectural ensemble with the palaces, pavilions, bridges and gates, which should replaced the wooden buildings of the old Kantemir’s estate. Tsaritsyno was thought as a summer entertainment residence for the Empress and her close circle.
Currently, in Tsaritsyno there are a history and architecture museum, a landscape park with an adjacent forest, an art museum, the Biryulyovo dendropark, and a cascade of the Tsaritsyno ponds.